Essential oils have been used for thousands of years in a very wide field including health care, home decoration, flavoring, and beauty. Thousands of years ago, the ancient Egyptians and Jewish knew how to extract essential oil from flowers, leaves, wood, bark, and roots by distilling them in a pot called “alembic”.
Essential oil is widely used in hair care because of not only by its scent and safeness but also by its excellent effect on your hair. This article will gives you some basic knowledge in choosing and using essential oils for hair to get the best result.
Hair condition classification
Hair is a very important part of the human body. It can make you look more attractive, or even change the way other people evaluate you. You definitely would not want to go to a party or a job interview with a dry and tangled hair.
However, in order to choose the best type of oil for your hair, you should find out what problems your hair are having. Base on the condition of hair, there are several type of hair: Normal hair (neither greasy nor dry hair), Dry hair (frizzy and dull hair), Oily hair (hair covered with a greasy layer),
Choose among the following list to find essential oil with the suitable uses to help you solve your hair problems.
Essential Oils for hair
Essential oils for normal hair
Here are some essential oils for those who already have a healthy hair:
- Lavender Essential Oil: Promote hair growth, reduce hair loss, make it soft and shiny, and prevent itching and dandruff for scalp.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Promote hair growth and scalp, prevent baldness, slows graying, and make hair looks shinier and healthier.
- Thyme Essential Oil: Support healthy hair and scalp, mentally stimulating The scent is really strong and can help people to concentrate.
What I recommend: Lavender Essential Oil is the best choice for you because it can be used with many different purposes, not only for hair care.
Essential oils for dry hair
If your hair looks dull that means your hair need an essential oil that can stimulate the sebaceous glands in the scalp to make more oil. Here are my suggestions for you:
- Sandalwood Essential Oil: Restoring the hair moisture and give it a silky shine.
- Geranium Essential Oil: Have ability to antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, and calm the skin. Besides, the aroma is wonderful and keeps users relaxing and calming.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender Essential Oil, actually, can be used for all type of hair because of the very great advantage of it in reducing hair loss and improves the condition of the scalp beside its sweet and soft scent.
Lavender Oils is a great choice for you because this product has many uses and can be combined with any other oil to make your own flavor. Besides, it also has a very comfort scent.
Essential oils for Oily hair
There are several types of essential oil suitable to treat oily hair:
- Lemon Essential Oil: Cleansing, purifying, and removing oil properties. Many people use lemon oil in order to get strong, healthy, and shiny hair.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Improves scalp conditions and hair’s overall health. Peppermint oil’s pH balancing property can help scalp return to its normal level of oil.
- Cypress Essential Oil: Beneficial for oily skin and scalp.
What I recommend: Lemon Essential Oil. It’s also very helpful in skin care and air cleaning.
Hopefully the information I provide can help you choose a best essential oils for hair.